Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files

Guys I am a bit confused with something I am experiencing, let me apologize for my ignorance up-front.

In Files/GameServers there are 5 folders, Apoc, Ares, Elv, Configs, Mid (abbreviated). My current understanding is that we need to run 4 separate game servers (as divided by folders) for the server to have all maps running properly; placing a compiled HGServer in to each GameServer folder. When I do this all servers appear to start up without issue, and all get registered with the GateServer - pressing F3 shows all 4 servers running. The problem is, it does not appear to route characters to proper servers for login. If GM1 char is in Elvine and I started Apocalypse server first of the 4 he gets connection error when logging in, if I start Elvine game server first he can connect properly but if attempting to go to a map on another game server you run in to connection lost.

I tried making a "Master" game server with all maps running in one HGServer instance, but monsters don't seem to fully populate and do not respawn at all when I run in this configuration. (I am using the same config file(s) between this setup and setup mentioned in previous paragraph, so spawn numbers were not adjusted)

I must be mistaking some config or setup? Can someone help me get this sorted?

BTW: I have to say thank you so much for all the work you guys have done and continue to do. Helbreath played a big part in my childhood and it's great to be able to experience it again and introduce it to my kids. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

- Joker

Centuu.- wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 pm
LifeX wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm
One of players which I am helping is running on Windows 10, he can login and play.

Lets not talk about directdraw and alt tab lol.
I've tested in w10 and no problems.... of course, lets not talk about alt tab lol

Can tell me any other issue? So i can check tonight..
I'm really not sure what is the issue dude, I am mining with a 6 GPU rig, so I will off one GPU and continue to mine on 5 GPU while I play game Dota 2, HB, Diablo 3 on the card that is not mining. BUT only with these source, I cannot play using the client. Once I login, I will auto logout and close the client. I need off all my mining GPU in order to play. Hence I never touch this source. But my own source, and others which I tried, have no such issue. So im not sure where to look. If you do know, maybe you can guide me. Thanks Centuu.
LifeX

www.hblegends.net

IndigoJoker wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:49 am
Guys I am a bit confused with something I am experiencing, let me apologize for my ignorance up-front.

In Files/GameServers there are 5 folders, Apoc, Ares, Elv, Configs, Mid (abbreviated). My current understanding is that we need to run 4 separate game servers (as divided by folders) for the server to have all maps running properly; placing a compiled HGServer in to each GameServer folder. When I do this all servers appear to start up without issue, and all get registered with the GateServer - pressing F3 shows all 4 servers running. The problem is, it does not appear to route characters to proper servers for login. If GM1 char is in Elvine and I started Apocalypse server first of the 4 he gets connection error when logging in, if I start Elvine game server first he can connect properly but if attempting to go to a map on another game server you run in to connection lost.

I tried making a "Master" game server with all maps running in one HGServer instance, but monsters don't seem to fully populate and do not respawn at all when I run in this configuration. (I am using the same config file(s) between this setup and setup mentioned in previous paragraph, so spawn numbers were not adjusted)

BTW: I have to say thank you so much for all the work you guys have done and continue to do. Helbreath played a big part in my childhood and it's great to be able to experience it again and introduce it to my kids. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

- Joker
Hi Joker, good to see you are passing on the interest of helbreath to another generation. As there is no MMORPG like HB.

I would address your issue one by one. First issues, there is no specific order that which HGServer should start up first. If you are getting a connection lost, it means the server that you went in isnt communicating with WorldServer ( Character changing server ), I don't have the server files with me right now, but I will test it tonight and see what is the problem, providing you have done all the necessary actions in port forwarding and stuffs.

2ndly, what you have in mind for a "Master" HGServer is good, that way, communication with players are global, as if you have two HGServers running, they wont be able to talk to one another in global as the chatlogs are not connected together via 2 HGServer. Monster population is not the problem, but rather the respawn mechanics. I dont rmbr how i fix that but I will look into it and see. The problem would probably be in bCreateNewNpc, you can check the functions and all the other functions that calls it. It doesnt spawn as there is a limit of how much one HGServer can handle the npc spawns. If anyone can rmbr how to fix, kindly share.

BTW mind tell me which version of the server files you download? So I can try and experience the same issue as you. Thanks.
LifeX

www.hblegends.net

LifeX wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:28 am
IndigoJoker wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:49 am

- Joker
Hi Joker, good to see you are passing on the interest of helbreath to another generation. As there is no MMORPG like HB.

I would address your issue one by one. First issues, there is no specific order that which HGServer should start up first. If you are getting a connection lost, it means the server that you went in isnt communicating with WorldServer ( Character changing server ), I don't have the server files with me right now, but I will test it tonight and see what is the problem, providing you have done all the necessary actions in port forwarding and stuffs.

2ndly, what you have in mind for a "Master" HGServer is good, that way, communication with players are global, as if you have two HGServers running, they wont be able to talk to one another in global as the chatlogs are not connected together via 2 HGServer. Monster population is not the problem, but rather the respawn mechanics. I dont rmbr how i fix that but I will look into it and see. The problem would probably be in bCreateNewNpc, you can check the functions and all the other functions that calls it. It doesnt spawn as there is a limit of how much one HGServer can handle the npc spawns. If anyone can rmbr how to fix, kindly share.

BTW mind tell me which version of the server files you download? So I can try and experience the same issue as you. Thanks.
Hey Life, thanks for the timely response I really appreciate it.

I have downloaded the files attached in this original post, as well as your fixes for client. I should have all ports open and forwarded as outlined in the guide section for hosting server.

Here is the WLServer.cfg I am using, and the GServer.cfg for each game server (only difference between them is game-server-name and maps)

Code: Select all

[CONFIG]

world-server-name = WS1

world-server-address = [local IP]
world-server-port = 2500
internal-world-server-port = 3840

main-log-server-address = [local IP]
main-log-server-port = 2848

gate-server-address = [local IP]
gate-server-port = 6502

Code: Select all

[CONFIG]

gate-server-dns 	     = false
log-server-dns 		     = false

game-server-name 	     = Apocalypse
game-server-address 	     = [local IP]
game-server-internal-address = [local IP]
game-server-external-address = [external IP]
game-server-port 	     = 9900
log-server-address 	     = [local IP]
internal-log-server-port     = 2500
gate-server-address 	     = [local IP]
gate-server-port 	     = 6502

game-server-mode 	     = lan

[MAPS]

game-server-map = inferniaB
game-server-map = inferniaA
game-server-map = maze
game-server-map = druncncity
game-server-map = procella
game-server-map = abaddon
Thank you again for the reply and assistance LifeX.

For right now if you just want to test it.

game-server-external-address = [external IP] <- Put your internal IP. And try if you get DC or not.

If you dont DC, means your port are not forwarded to open to allow external connection, hence the Connection Lost. The connection Lost is because the HGServer yes it is up in your local computer, but for an external connection to enter it can't as the port is closed.

To properly check if your port is open after all servers are open. Go here -> http://www.whatsmyip.org/port-scanner/ and at the custom port test, key in all you ports.

2848 ( Main Server ), and 9900 - 9906 ( Game Server Port ). You will probably get a Time-Out or Port Closed. If Port Closed means your Windows Firewall is blocking. If Time-Out means your router / modem settings has blocked the port from open hence the port forwarding has fail.

Good luck.
LifeX

www.hblegends.net

LifeX wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:24 am
For right now if you just want to test it.

game-server-external-address = [external IP] <- Put your internal IP. And try if you get DC or not.

If you dont DC, means your port are not forwarded to open to allow external connection, hence the Connection Lost. The connection Lost is because the HGServer yes it is up in your local computer, but for an external connection to enter it can't as the port is closed.

To properly check if your port is open after all servers are open. Go here -> http://www.whatsmyip.org/port-scanner/ and at the custom port test, key in all you ports.

2848 ( Main Server ), and 9900 - 9906 ( Game Server Port ). You will probably get a Time-Out or Port Closed. If Port Closed means your Windows Firewall is blocking. If Time-Out means your router / modem settings has blocked the port from open hence the port forwarding has fail.

Good luck.
Thank you so much LifeX, that got me sorted out; you rock!